1. 14% of people trust information from ads, whereas 80% trust word of mouth, including social media. If you have happy customers, do not be shy to ask them to post reviews about you on social media sites such as Google Reviews, TripAdvisor, Yelp, and any other niche sites which may pertain to your industry.
2. Studies have shown that around 92% of people turn to an Internet Search as a source for Purchasing Decisions. Around 53% turn to blogs. Ensure your public profile is positive on web-sites that rate your services, and, do not hesitate to put testimonials on your own site, as, they are very effective in influencing purchasing decisions.
3. People do business with brands they know, like, and trust. Those are the 3 pillars to build your social media campaign.
4. Look for niche social media sites (i.e. professional networks that pertain to your line of work) outside of Facebook and Twitter. They may be beneficial for you as they are effective in targeting those that have a direct interest in you.
5. Your clients are your best advocates. Find a way to turn your best customers into brand advocates. Lululemon is a perfect example. They let their customers and ambassadors tell their story, not celebrities.