1. With all the recent changes in how Google and other search engines index web pages, adding short videos is believed to be a great way to get into the top of search results. Create a custom channel on YouTube. A series of short instructional videos around your product or service and testimonials from happy clients are great ways to add credibility to your company and dramatically increase the chances of a viewer going to your website. Use humor and graphics to get your key messages across, and, remember that shorter is better—no more than 3 minutes.
2. Add social sharing to your content. A cost effective way to extend the reach of your marketing is by including social sharing buttons and call to actions to your content. Use the dominant formats, namely Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and StumbleUpon. The goal to increase your reach through earned impressions.
3. Monitor what your clients and prospects are doing and saying in social networks to anticipate and serve their needs and build relationships much faster. Create lists on Twitter or add their blogs to your RSS feed and review the content for insight.
4. Always respond to customer complaints and see them as an opportunity to grow your business by learning on what you can improve. Nearly 90% of consumers, if confronted with unanswered customer complaints on a company’s social media site, would be either somewhat less likely or far less likely to do business with that company in the future.
5. A Facebook “like” or Twitter “follow” means little if the person is only following you to increase their numbers and get a “like” or “follow” in return. Focus on quality over quantity. It is best to have less followers that are genuinely interested in your company than a large number that are only focused on promoting their company and impressing others with a large number of followers. Too many companies focus on quantity without thinking about why and how they will engage those followers. Engagement and genuine connections go much further than numbers alone, and, your numbers will increase on their own, the more people you meet and engage.